Saturday, February 6, 2010

Santiago -> Viña del Mar



(Mis amigos, Plaza de Armas, Santiago, Chile)


First two nights in Santiago were a blast. Met lots of great people (see above!) in the hostel. On Friday, Pedro (farthest right, from Brazil) and I hopped a bus to Viña del Mar, a beautiful coastal city. I´m currently ´couch surfing´with a guy named Sebastian who has been VERY helpful. He is also hosting two girls from Norway and Australia. The three of them have a lot of experience couch surfing and have quickly convinced me it is an essential tool for cheap travel. You get free housing and access to the knowledge of a local, a great combo.

Making a day trip to Valparaiso, a coastal city just south of Viña, with Pedro today. I´m still asking around trying to find a bar that will be playing the Super Bowl on Sunday, but apparently there are some big (´real´) football games the same day so its unlikely anywhere will be broadcasting futbol americano. On Monday, I´m off to my first farm in Olmue. I´m unsure of what I will have for internet access so this may be the last update for a little bit, but all is very well in South America for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment